AREA SALES MANAGER
South East Australia (VIC, SA & TAS)
Responsible for business planning, development and sales growth of all the companies products in the territory.
Particular focus on new product innovations in industrial electronics, instrumentation, networking and Remote I/O.
Weidmüller is a world-leading provider of solutions for electrical connectivity, and for the transmission, conditioning and processing of power, signals and data in industrial environments. Weidmüller has a long history of developing innovative products in electrical connectivity and electronics that exceed market expectations. The Australian operation has become a strategic centre for the design, development and manufacture of the Group’s signal electronics products.
- Responsible for promoting the company's products, services and solutions with an emphasis on advanced industrial power, signal, data and PCB products
- Research and identify opportunities in which Weidmüller products can add value to clients
- Identify target clients and industries for the purpose of developing relationships with clients who align with the strategic plans of Weidmüller
- Conduct presentations to existing and potential clients on Weidmüller’s scope of business capabilities, specific to their industry sector and cross-pollinate with peers within the business to ensure the full business scope of works is presented to Target accounts including engineering consultants, end users, OEMs and an existing distributor network
- Secure opportunities to submit proposals and tenders for contracts and assist with the preparation and submission of budgets, tenders and contracts
- Maintain memberships in relevant trade associations (IRSE, IICA) and attend networking events and exhibitions with relevant products and systems with follow up to achieve sales and new contacts
- Proactively seek and collate business intelligence and business leads regarding potential contacts and the movements of competitors
- Confer with head office’s Industry / Product management teams in the project pre-award process
The majority of your time will be spent seeking out new applications and developing new business for the complete product portfolio through either the identification of new customers, projects, specification opportunities or value added custom solutions. Day to day activities will include regular face-to-face customer visits with the majority of your time in the field and the remainder of your time conducting market research or developing new business plans to support your goals.
The person best suited to this position will come from the process control, instrumentation or industrial automation market. A background in analogue signal conditioning or industrial communications would be highly regarded. You are experienced in identifying engineering applications, business development and have qualifications in electrical, electronics or instrumentation. You are an excellent communicator, motivated to achieve targets, have an ability to work autonomously and manage a large territory.
To apply or request further information please email Weidmüller Human Resources Manager at
Listed Friday, 21 March 2014